CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend in Dallas

It was time for the annual Girl's Weekend and this year we all met up in Dallas, TX. It's always a treat to see my on-line friends and to explore a new destination. We all stayed at Paula's house and had a wonderful time.

We spent Friday, June 12 in downtown Dallas. We braved the 100 degree temperature and 95% humidity as we did a walking tour of the Kennedy memorial sites. It was oddly emotional to see locations that I have seen in photographs and grainy film since I was young. I could feel the hair on my arms stand up when I saw the painted X in the road to mark the location of the first and second shot hitting President Kennedy.



I would have liked to have seen the Kennedy memorial at night - it's lit from within so it gives the appearance of an open tomb floating above the ground.



We finished the day in Dallas with lunch and then shopping in Wild Bill's. I did end up coming home with a hat.
Dinner Friday night in downtown Grapevine. Grapevine Main Street has several restored buildings to maintain the small town feel. It was charming and I found myself feeling like I had been transported in to downtown Mayberry.
Saturday afternoon was spent swimming. Paula has a friend with a very nice backyard pool and she was kind enough to turn over her house for the 12 of us to use. Paula wanted us to experience some country fun so we went to Billy Bob's for our last night in town. Here I am with Lane before we left for the evening.
Having fun with Deana while waiting for dinner.
The dancefloor has a mirror tiled saddle in place of a disco ball.
Saying goodbye is always the hardest part.

1 comments:

Deborah said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love knowing that you have so many wonderful, supportive women in your life (besides us amazing Evans women). :) Love you, sis!