CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Extreme Weather

The past couple of months have been unusually wet and cool. We have had rain off and on all week but this afternoon, a band of showers came over the Oquirrh Mountains and pounded Herriman. It was a gorgeous, sunny afternoon that suddenly turned dark as the sound of thunder crashed loudly. Harrison was playing out front with the neighbor boys as the skies opened and torrential rain began to fall. Within seconds, hail was pounding the rooftop and windows. The neighbor across the street called to tell me the boys had run in to her house to get out of the rain but Harrison was nervous because "My mom told me to play outside!" He is so good about minding his mama! Olivia and I were home to enjoy the spectacular scene created by Mother Nature. June 9 and it looks like there is snow on the rooftops and lawns.

Hail piled up along the edge of the garage doorLooking over at the neighbor's yardThe back patio under a couple of inches of waterThe deck covered with hailThe back corner - the spillover was coming so quickly from both directions, water was surging up about a foot high where the two streets meet. Thank heaven for good drainage systems.Hail on my roofHail along the front walkwayWater puddling in my front flower beds - the geraniums in the pot are now completely bare ... all of the blossoms were blown away.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

It hit South Jordan right as I was getting on the freeway after work. I had to check my car for dents when I got home because the hail and rain were coming down so hard! I will be glad when our sunshine comes back.

Denice said...

How crummy! It has been colder here but only a little bit of rain. I hope your gorgeous yard recovers!

Sunshine Marketing said...

That is crazy! I planted flowers almost through the whole storm! We didnt get any hail just rain! How is that possible? I am almost in your backyard!

Tamera said...

My yard is trashed. I surveyed the damage for a second this morning and it was too depressing to take it all in. The roses are thrashed, all of the annuals on the north slope were ripped apart ... there are leaves and pieces of mulch all over. Now I'm kind of glad to be leaving town - hopefully some of the flowers will have bounced back and started to bloom again by the time I get back!