CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I know that I am immensely blessed to be a mother. Having grown up not knowing if I'd ever be physically able to have children, I know that these three are indeed my miracles. I never doubted that I would be a mother one way or another, but they are the children that I was meant to have. Ed needed children that he recognized himself in. I love their spirited and curious nature. I had a wonderful Mother's Day, beginning with a fabulous breakfast that Ed cooked up all by himself. I was treated to pancakes, turkey bacon, strawberries, blueberry scones, orange juice and coffee. Oh ... and CRAB LEGS! My Mother's Day gift ... flowers for the yard and new sheets for my bed. Sweet!
We are focusing most of our attention on the yard right now so we spent the afternoon at a local Garden Center and bought some more plants and supplies for the beds. We went to see my mom and ate lunch at their house. Aunt Deb had taken Maddie for a fun weekend sleepover so they met us there and Deb took some family photos for me.

It's a challenge to get a photo of Harrison sometimes. If he is tired of posing, he starts doing his fake smile/crazy eye thing. Taking a break to ham it up with Deb was just what he needed!
Not quite the family photo that I wanted ... you can see what I mean about Harrison!

The best photo is the new one at the top of the blog. Eventually, we will find a time to schedule a real family photo session. No fake smiles or crazy eyes allowed.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day! I love you all.

Denice said...

Only the cutest boys have the "fake camera smiles"...just like Noah. :) BTW- We LOVE the camera!! Thanks so much!! I will be sure to post pics of the nursery when it is done. Love you and Happy late Mother's Day...mmm...crab legs....