CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Harrison's Wax Museum

The second grade had a special "book report" project this month. Each child had to read up on a famous person and create a fact poster. Yesterday they did a "wax museum" exhibit where they posed as their chosen person. Harrison had a difficult time choosing who he wanted to do his report on, exasperating his mother who didn't want it left until the last minute. I called Harrison Tuesday afternoon after school and said, "Buddy, you need to choose what you are going to do." He said "Oh, I told Miss Taylor who I am going to do today."
Huh?!
"I told her I'm going to be Jack Johnson."
~insert sigh of relief here~
Perfect! No elaborate costume to come up with. No homework for mom to do!

Harrison helped choose photos for his poster and told me which facts he wanted to include. He liked the fact that Jack's professional surfing career ended after a spill that required nearly 150 stitches ... I think Harrison felt like a kindred spirit since he had to get stitches following the dog attack incident. Harrison helped to write a 30 second blurb about Jack Johnson that he had to recite when a museum visitor pushed his "yellow button" on his shirt.



The wax museum was fun ... there were several Tony Hawks, Amelia Earharts, etc. but only ONE Jack Johnson!

2 comments:

Denice said...

Ahh..my sweet Harry..the cutest mini version of Jack Johnson that I have ever seen. :)

codymegan said...

That's really cute! I bet a lot of the parents got a kick out of what he decided to be. How clever.