CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I am Thankful For ...

As I sit here waiting for the banana cream pie filling to cool so I can assemble the pie, I think now is the perfect time to reflect on what I am thankful for in this moment.

~My husband, who works so hard to provide for me and the kids. He doesn't always get the recognition that he deserves but he sacrifices a lot for us.

~Healthy kids.

~My kitchen and great room. There are still mornings when I walk down the hall and catch my breath when I see where I get to live. I love the wide open space that was designed to work for all of the people we love.

~Family and friends. We have been blessed with an abundance of family and friends who love and support us.

~The view from my kitchen sink window. I love to look out the window and stare at the gorgeous Wasatch Mountain range. Even though it's from a distance now that we are on the other side of the valley, I think I appreciate the expansiveness of the mountains more now that I see them from a distance.

~Living in a country where we can exercise freedom of speech and explore the endless possibilities. This hasn't been the best year for our country economically but there is always hope here.

~Music. I love music and have been fortunate to see some of my favorite artists perform live. I love my iPod. I love the memories that are triggered by certain songs, and the bonding that comes about because of those memories.

~Time. I am thankful for the time that I have been given. I appreciate that life isn't fair and some people are taken far too young. I find myself missing those who have gone before me every day, yet I am grateful for the time that I have to raise my children, expand my knowledge, love my family, etc. It's important to be thankful for the gift of each day ... even the bad ones!

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Missy Lee said...

You always inspire me to write better posts on my blog, and I'm thankful for that!!

Tamera said...

Thanks Melissa! You are so sweet. I am thankful for your comments.