CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rivalry Week

I graduated from Westminster college in a time when the only campus sports teams were soccer and lacrosse, unless you counted the Utah Jazz using the gym for their practice facility. Because I worked on the University of Utah campus, and the rebel in me enjoyed rooting for the team that my dad and brother were not, I have cheered for the Utes in good years and bad. Rivalry games in 2006 and 2007 were particularly disheartening. 2008 was the season that gave hope to defeating the Cougars and capping off a perfect season. Ed took a rare Saturday off from work and we enjoyed the game together.

Utah quarterback Brian Johnson was awesome. Our team came out looking focused and moved the ball down the field with determination.

I'm not big on trash talk but I got a great laugh from my friend Aaron in North Carolina when he sent me a text message saying, "I love Max Hall. I sure hope he returns next year to play for the U again!" 5 interceptions and a fumble by the BYU quarterback certainly changed the tenor of the game and lead to the final score 48-24, Utah!


Sorry Dad and Trent ... but Quest has no Y in it! You'll probably be back on top next year since most of the major players for the Utes will be graduating. It was a great season to be a University of Utah fan.




1 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you for the pictures and all. We were so disappointed that we could not watch the game out here. (John having graduated from the U and my favorite college years being spent there, we are big supporters) We kept calling Eric for updates (He and Steve were at the game.) We cheered them on from afar and celebrated their success.