CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Watching History Being Made


Nation Elects First Black President -
It is heartening to see a candidate win who campaigned on the premise of hope rather than fear, who understands it's more important to form alliances than to insist on being right. There are great challenges ahead for our country, but I am hopeful and proud. The opportunity for growth and improvement is here. There is no such thing as "true parts of America" but only the "United States of America" and it is together that we will rise or fall.
My kids have actively participated in this presidential campaign and have had passionate discussions at school about their chosen candidates. I am proud of their understanding of our electoral system and grateful to live in a country where they can raise their voices and be heard. As we witness history being made, I am emotional and grateful.


4 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautifully said!

Denice said...

Perfectly said! I am SO happy and grateful!!

codymegan said...

I agree with you 100%

bindiec said...

I agree. I am on cloud nine. As a wife of a military member, I like knowing someone is at the helm that actually studied history, English, and law. I believe he will put good be around him and actually listen to their guidance.
I feel like a weight has been lifted.