CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Best Date Night Ever!

With the car business being slow and our expendable income virtually non-existent, we haven't been splurging much lately so I was quite surprised when Ed told our friends Danielle and Eric that we'd go to the Ben Harper/Pearl Jam concert with them. We gave up date nights for the month to have the one night out and it was SO WORTH IT! We went to dinner at Tsunami and then to the concert. I was honestly a little disappointed in Ben Harper ... he played a very short set (5 songs?!) that left me feeling more irritated than happy to have seen him. He sounded great and was fairly talkative between songs - I just wish he would have been a little more generous with the set list. Oh well.

After a break that included waiting in a massive line for the restroom and fighting through an impassable crowd to get back to our portal (horrible event center layout ... the lines for the beer cart, ATM machine and concession stand encircled the massive line for the restroom) - Pearl Jam took the stage and proceeded to put on one of the most amazing live shows I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Seriously ... they gave the Rolling Stones show a serious challenge for the best live show I've seen. It was a totally different experience from the first time I saw them play in a small, hot, smoke filled club in Seattle a million years ago. I have to say, Eddie Vedder has only gotten better with age. They played for more than 2 hours and then came out for a double encore. My favorite moment? If I have to choose one ... a fan was introduced and invited on stage so he could propose marriage to his girlfriend. Then they were serenaded by Eddie Vedder, alone on a stool with an acoustic guitar, as he sang "Just Breathe" - my favorite song from their new release. A beautiful song that I have found myself listening to multiple times a day all week. (See song 1 on my playlist below)

The only thing I would have changed about Monday night - I wish I could have been standing front and center rather than watching from our seats! This photo is from the Salt Lake show.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I am SO jealous. I remember the good old days when everyone in the house would make fun of my Eddie posters...have you ever seen Denice and Dad do their impression of Eddie in the Jeremy video? Priceless! Glad you had such a great night! Love you.

Tamera said...

Ed won't let me hang any Eddie posters in our room. :(
:D I obviously wasn't living at home by then. I'd have your back sistah! I have not had the pleasure of seeing that reenactment. We'll have to ask them to perform when Denice is back!

Denice said...

There is a cover charge for my performance! Bummer about Ben....