CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Autumn






Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

I love October. Today was a reminder of all that I love about this time of year. We spent the weekend at Snowbird and took in the amazing leaf show that Mother Nature offers. Harrison said the leaves were the most beautiful he'd ever seen. (Autumn leaf photos in this post were taken by friend Eric LeMonnier) Ed and I went stargazing with Harrison late last night, hiking in to the dark, admiring the Milky Way and seeing the moons of Jupiter. We returned home late this afternoon and I made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. Olivia and Harrison helped to make brown sugar muffins to go with the soup and the house smelled so good! Charlie dog kept standing in front of the oven, looking up and sniffing as the chicken stock simmered and the muffins baked. It was sensory overload for the poor little guy.

I am looking forward to the coming week. I am taking 5 straight days off from work. I'm sure the week will fly by because my list of things to do far exceeds the amount of time I will have! Priority one - getting the flower beds prepared for the winter weather that is coming our way. I'm hoping the days will be a mix of things that I need to do and things that I want to do. However the week turns out, today was a fabulous reminder of why I love to be home.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I've been wanting to make brown sugar muffins. Thanks for inspiring me!

Denice said...

Mmmm...brown sugar muffins...mmm....