CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's a White Christmas!

It started to snow last night right after we got home. By the time I got to bed around 2 this morning, the wind was howling and snow was flying sideways. We woke up this morning to white out conditions and the snow did not let up until this afternoon. Ed has been out with the snow blower 3 times and helped rescue drivers stuck in the snow drifts. The Ziter family Christmas dinner at our house has been postponed until Sunday because our neighborhood roads are impassable without 4 wheel drive - we've had fun watching cars try to make it up the hills. The plows have cleared the main roads now but the skies are black and another wave is coming. The kids are out sledding with friends and we're enjoying a quiet day at home.


This is looking out my kitchen sink window - the snow is so deep, you can't see the curb or sidewalks! The wind has created snow drifts that are several feet deep. The french doors in our bedroom have about 2 feet of snow piled up against them. I know that isn't a lot compared to what Denice and Noah have been dealing with, but it's unusual for our neighborhood!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

It was only raining at my place earlier, but it started dumping this afternoon and hasn't let up yet. It's going to be an ugly drive to work tomorrow. :( Glad you guys had a nice, peaceful Christmas! Love you all!

Denice said...

Doesn't look like fun...I don't even remember what curbs and sidewalks look like here! I just saw a little patch of pavement in the street on my way to work and was thrilled with that! (Of course, 5 minutes later I got stuck getting into my work parking lot and a super nice guy had to help push me out);)