CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ed's Adventures in Cooking

Ed has a newly discovered love for cooking. He has always been good about helping out if dinner was being prepared on the grill. He's good with a microwave. He has the Thursday shift for dinner preparation since he has the day off. It's nice to have a night that I can come home after working all day and not have to think about what to prepare! Ed has started to look for recipes to try and he has served up some scrumptious meals. Seriously, it always tastes better when I don't have to fix it myself, but he really can cook! This was a margherita pizza recipe that he found in my cooking magazine from his mom. He made it all by himself, other than me helping to crush the fennel and cut the fresh basil. Fabulous.Last Thursday's meal was his most daring yet - a duplication of Alice Springs Chicken from the Outback Restaurant. I dug right in so I didn't get my own photo of his creation, but this gives you an idea of the massive caloric/fat intake it entailed, and it was delicious!

We're still working on the "clean up as you go" theory of cooking. This was the aftermath of his culinary prowess. Unfortunately, I get clean up duty when he cooks! I did manage to get all of the bacon grease off of my stove top and oven controls. I have a recipe for glazed salmon that I'm hinting for him to try next. I really am a lucky girl.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

That pizza looks so good! I'm impressed.

Denice said...

Thursday nights?? I'm there...

Sunshine Marketing said...

OH MY HELL! Get that kitchen cleaned up Emilio!

Karen said...

Both meals look absolutely delicious! He is welcome to cook at our house anytime. I guess I am the big bad guy though - when Ray cooks he cleans up, when Denice cooks she cleans up, and when I cook I clean up. Let us know how the glazed salmon turns out - Ray has made some fantastic salmon dishes. Three cheers for Ed for helping out. He is definitely a keeper. Love him lots.