CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Birthday Party for Grandma Dykes

I got an earful from Melinda last weekend when I failed to bring my camera to the family party so she didn't get to see any photos from the get-together! Determined not to let her down again, the camera was out and I got lots of fun shots at the 88th birthday party for Grandma Dykes that was held this evening. Grandma got quite emotional when we all sang to her. Cassie made her a beautiful book with wonderful photos from different times in Grandma's life accompanied by heartfelt words. It was very touching. The kids had a blast playing with cousins and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.

Megan and Cody enjoy a private moment with baby Senya still incubating away (give mama a few more weeks little girl!)

Asher was thrilled to play in the sand with the big kids.
I asked Keira for a smile and this is what I got ... googly eyes and a smirk. She looks so much like Trent!
I paid a dollar to get this photo. Keira tried to run away when we told her I was going to take a family picture. I got her to come back when I promised to give her "moneys" for her bank. It was worth every penny - this is a stinkin' cute picture!
Managed to get one more photo out of her when I reminded her of the dollar in her pocket.
Sleepy little mister was so sweet tonight. I had so much fun with him.
Megan and Papa Ray.
Grandma with some of her kids. These Dykes folks are not easy to get a photo of.
We can always count on Uncle Paul to liven up the photos! I didn't tell the kids that Cassie and Paul were coming to Salt Lake so the minute Olivia saw them pull in to the parking lot, she flew off the playground to go hug her beloved Paul.
Sweet girls with balloons.
Me and my girls with Grandma.
Me with Grandma Max.
Some of the sisters with Grandma. I was so happy that Michelle and Cassie were both there - they had a long drive back to Salt Lake after their vacation to Cannon Beach last week.
This was too funny. As we were preparing to leave, I told Harrison to give loves goodbye. Aunt Deb modeled his glasses - they look pretty good on her!
It's not nice to give one Aunt loves and not the others. Harrison rolled his eyes and said "It's like pinball and all of the Aunts are kissing me!" Cass was laughing so hard!
Aunt Michelle needed a turn. I love this photo - her expression looking at Har-bear is very sweet.
He pretends to not like it but deep down, I know he LOVES it!

5 comments:

Karen said...

You are so prompt and we are very grateful! Thank you for sharing some very special moments at tonight's party. Wish the entire family could have been there but it was so wonderful to share this time with Mom. She loved seeing everyone! These pictures are priceless and you caught some sweet feelings on film. Thank you!

Denice said...

Thank you so much for posting these..I've been checking all week for photos from last weekends party but no worries..I won't give you an earful too. :) I'm so happy to see Meg's belly..I was just telling her she needed to take one. So very sweet..love Keira's monies pics! Hope you gave everyone a HUGE hug for me!!!

Cindy said...

I wish I had known there was a b-day party for grandma. That is just the kind of thing that is worth a trip to SLC. Next time you see her, give her a hug and kiss for me. I miss you all so much it hurts.

Melinda said...

Thank you for posting these! You got some really cute photos. I miss all of you!

Deborah said...

It was fun to spend the evening with everyone last night. I think Grandma had a great time. It was really neat to see her get so emotional when we were all singing to her...she is definitely very loved and appreciated. We are so lucky to have such an amazing family.