CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brief Respite from Reality

After nearly 18 years together, Ed still manages to surprise me from time to time. I didn't know how serious he was a couple of weeks ago as we both sat on the couch, exhausted from long hours at work and tired of the cold weather, when he looked at me and said "We should go away somewhere, just the two of us." Playing along, I said "It has to be somewhere warm" and thus began the frenzy of planning that led to us spending 4 wonderful days in San Diego. We stayed one block from the beach in Mission Bay. The weather was perfect and we made the most of the time that we had. We walked the beach each sunset, visited Coronado, Horton Plaza and Balboa Park, ate breakfast at a local haunt overlooking the shore, lazed poolside, ate fabulous carnitas in Old Town and fresh seafood in La Jolla. It was tough to come home!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You both looked so rested and relaxed when you returned that I was honestly jealous. Sounds like a WONDERFUL get-away and I am so happy you had this chance to spend some quiet alone time!

Denice said...

I know I've already told you numerous times just how jealous I was of your trip but I am genuinely happy that you and Ed were able to get away and have such a nice weekend! Love you!!